Why do I need to verify my identity?
BlockFi will occasionally ask you to verify your identity to ensure no one but yourself requests withdrawals or makes account-related changes, including 2FA reset requests and email change requests.
All Identification Documents must be verified through the Persona link emailed to you. Please note we will never send you this link via SMS.
Taking a photo of your government ID
- Do not use a scanned image or copy of your ID. Please ensure you upload live images
- Use a smartphone instead of a webcam as it typically produces the clearest photo
- If you must use a webcam, try setting the ID flat down and move the webcam instead of moving the ID
- Avoid lighting that may cause glare (natural light typically works best)
- Rest your ID on a plain, dark or contrasting surface
- Don’t hold the ID in your hands as your fingers may confuse the lens focus
Taking a "selfie" photo
- Face the camera directly and ensure it remains eye-level
- Pose in front of a plain wall or background
- Do not wear sunglasses or a hat
- Try to match your appearance as much as possible to your ID photo
Acceptable Identity Documents
- State-issue IDs (Driver License or Identification Card)
- US Passport
Outside of US
- Government issued photo ID
- National Identity Card
Unacceptable Identity Documents
- Expired IDs
- School IDs
- Medical IDs
- Temporary (paper) IDs
- Residence Permit
- Public Services Card
- Military IDs
Still having trouble?
Please submit a support ticket here