*Please note that if you do not see the ability to select USD (as Stablecoin), that means we do not support the ability to send/receive wires in your state. We are working hard on receiving our Money Transmission Licenses state by state to ensure wire functionality is available to all residents in the United States.
**For international wires, please follow the same instructions and keep this in mind.
- Within your BlockFi account click on Deposit in the top navigation bar, click the drop down and select “USD (as Stablecoin)” – this means your USD wire deposit will be used to purchase stablecoin at a 1:1 ratio and will be deposited into your GUSD account wallet.
- You will now see the BlockFi Wire instructions, which you will need to initiate the wire from your bank to BlockFi. Some important notes below:
- You must include your unique 8 Digit Pin in the Notes/Memo section.
- Confirm with your bank that you are initiating a wire transfer. DO NOT transfer funds via ACH payment or it will bounce, we only support wire transfers. Some banks may default to ACH Transfer, so if you’re unsure please reach out to your bank representative for instructions.
- The name on the bank account you send the wire from must match your name on your BlockFi account in order for us to credit your funds.
- If you’re sending from a Joint bank account please check to make sure the name on your BlockFi Account matches the primary account holder’s name. If not, the wire may bounce.
- Your wire may bounce if it is sent from a Business Bank account to a personal Individual BlockFi account, or vice versa.
- Wire processing times vary between banking institutions and internal BlockFi processing times can take up to 1 business day. In general, expect to see your funds show up in your BlockFi Account in 1-3 business days.
- When inquiring about the status of your wire withdrawal with BlockFi, please be sure to include the 16-20 digit wire reference number (this is typically in YYYYMMDD-xxxxxxxx format) that you would have received via email once the wire was sent. If you do not have this, please confirm with your bank that a wire was indeed sent.