Two-factor authentication issues can be frustrating, but 2FA is a vital part of account security. If you encounter a 2FA error when attempting to login, some of these troubleshooting steps may help you.
- Try signing in to your account using both the mobile app and BlockFi’s website on a desktop to see if the error is limited to a specific device
- On desktop, try signing in on multiple browsers. (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, FireFox, Safari)
- Clear your web browser’s cache and cookies
- If you notice multiple codes labeled “BlockFi” in your Authenticator app (most likely due to past 2FA resets), try using the code closest to the bottom of the screen as this will be the most recent code
- This error is also commonly caused by a discrepancy between the time (clock) on the device with the Authenticator app and the device you are attempting to log in on. Please make sure the clocks on both devices are synced 100%. This may require you to change the timezone settings on one device.
If the problem persists after trying the steps above, you may use the instructions in this article to request a 2FA reset.
You can also contact a BlockFi client service representative by clicking the Chat icon on the bottom right of this page.