Within your BlockFi account you have the option to add external crypto wallet addresses to the Wallet Address Book. This allows you to pre-select from frequently used crypto wallet addresses when withdrawing crypto.
If you’d like to add another layer of security to your BlockFi account, you can enable Allowlisting. When enabled, Allowlisting only allows you to withdraw from your BlockFi account to addresses that have been saved in your Wallet Address Book.
- Log in to your BlockFi Dashboard.
- Click on your initials in the upper right corner, and select Profile Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Within Settings, select the Crypto Addresses category.
- Select ‘Manage Settings’ to enable Allowlisting.
- Enter the 6-digit code sent to the email associated with your BlockFi account.
- Once Allowlisting is enabled, you will receive an email confirmation.
Aspects to note:
- You cannot request ANY type of withdrawals for 7 days after enabling Allowlisting. After the 7 day hold, you’ll only be able to make withdrawals to the wallet addresses you’ve added to your Wallet Address Book.
- When Allowlisting is enabled, there will be a 7 day waiting period before you can make withdrawals to all newly added wallet addresses. You may make withdrawals to addresses that have already been allowlisted for 7 days or with ACH and Wire.
- Disabling allowlsting will also trigger a 7 day waiting period before withdrawals can be made freely again. Withdrawals via ACH and Wire are still available during this time.
Please be aware that the 7 day holding periods cannot be expedited
If you notice an unknown wallet address has been added to your account or Allowlisting has been turned off without your consent, please contact BlockFi Client Services here.