Please note: You will need to have a compatible authenticator application (Google, Microsoft,
Authy, Duo, etc.) to set up two-factor authentication (2FA) Protection on your BlockFi account
To enable 2FA:
- Login to your BlockFi account via your web browser on a desktop computer. (you cannot enroll on the mobile app).
- Click on your initials at the top right of the screen.
- Select ‘Profile Settings’.
- Click the ‘Security’ tab and navigate to the ‘Two-Factor Authentication’ section.
- Click the ‘Enable 2FA’ button to get started.
- Open the Authenticator app on your mobile device.
- Tap the '+' symbol to add a new account to your authenticator.
- Scan the QR code or enter the code to begin. (ensure you are scanning the QR code with your authenticator app rather than your phone's native camera app)
- A new ‘One Time Code’ will appear in the Authenticator app. Please enter this code on your computer screen.
- Click ‘Continue’ and you're done! When you log in you should be prompted to enter the 6 digit code shown in the Authenticator app.