To enable 2FA on your BlockFi account, login to the client dashboard, click on your name at the top right of the screen, and select ‘Profile Settings’. Next, click the “Security” tab and navigate to the “Two-Factor Authentication” section. Click the “Enable 2FA” button to get started. Follow the step-by-step instructions to complete the process.
- Using the Google Authenticator app, please scan the following QR code or manually input the Authenticator token code.
- You will then see a 6 digit code in the Authenticator app, labeled as BlockFi, with your account email in parentheses. Google Authenticator will generate a 6-digit BlockFi verification code. A new code will generate every 30 seconds.
- Input the BlockFi verification code from the Authenticator app into the Enter One Time Code field.
- Click Next.
- Write down the recovery code that can be used to recover your 2FA login. Do not save this onto your computer. BlockFi can also reset your 2FA code if you ever lose access to your device.
- Click the check box that acknowledges you have saved the recovery code.
- Click continue and you are finished!