Our sign-up process is quick and easy, with most applications being approved in minutes. To verify your account, we require completion of ‘Know Your Customer’, or KYC, which is a standard practice for companies that offer financial services. It is an important layer to prevent money laundering activities and eliminate bad actors on the platform.
BlockFi holds itself to the highest standards and takes compliance very seriously in order to provide the best services to our clients and protect both your identity and funds.
Below are some helpful tips to successfully pass the login screen:
Government ID upload tips:
- Do not use a scanned image or copy of your ID. Take a picture of yourself (preferably using your smartphone) and upload the image.
- Smartphones typically produce clearer photos than webcams. If you must use a webcam, try setting the ID flat down and move the webcam instead of moving the ID
- Avoid lighting that may cause glare (natural light typically works best)
- Rest your ID on a plain, dark or contrasting surface
- Don’t hold the ID in your hands as your fingers may confuse the lens’ focus
Selfie upload tips:
- Face the camera directly and ensure it remains eye-level
- Pose in front of a plain wall or background
- Do not wear sunglasses or a hat
- Try to match your appearance as much as possible to your ID photo
If your application has been pending for more than 48 hours, please reach out to us here.